Mental Ways to Lower Anxiety
A positive mental attitude is just as important as using physical techniques to help overcome your anxiety. There are many ways you can use your mental resources to find peace and calm amidst the chaos of anxiety.
Follow these techniques to tackle your anxiety on a mental level:
1. Educate yourself. It's hard to battle something you don't understand. Learn about your condition so you have a better understanding of what you're facing.
2. Use the stop sign. Imagine a big stop sign in your head when you start to have anxious thoughts. The stop sign technique is a great place to start.
3. Network. Talking to others with anxiety can help you feel more "normal" and bring you additional strategies that have worked for others in your same situation. Reach out to others!
4. Set aside a worry time. If you allot a few minutes each day at a set time and give yourself permission to worry only at that time, you'll soon find that it becomes a chore - making you worry less. By only allowing yourself to worry for a short period, you can program your mind to actually worry less.
5. Offer yourself affirmations. Say positive statements to yourself each day to help you stay strong and brave. For example: "I am a valuable and worthy person, and I have much to offer to the world."
No matter how long you've had anxiety, you can do something about it. When you apply both mental and physical techniques to getting better, you'll soon find that you - not your anxiety - are the one in control!
If you'd like for Dan to help you with anxiety click here to schedule a complimentary strategy session
If you'd like to enroll in Dan's home study course for stress and anxiety reduction click here!
Dan Candell is a High Performance Speaker, Coach & Hypnotist. He teaches people how to positively re-program their subconscious mind to get more of what they want in life. He helps people overcome stress, anxiety and obstacles as the confidently move forward with the achievement of their goals.